Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Obituary

17 month old, tragic circumstances

It is with great sorrow that I must inform the general public of the demise of my hard disk. At 74GB, or 80GB as he proudly displayed on himself, his melodious hum was a true joy to his user, the occasional whir not withstanding.
He was my rock, the base of a complex system, the accumulator of all my carefully compiled packets of information. I took care to avoid tampering in his affairs, his delicate nature was always of great concern. Whatever others might say, I believe he never, never managed to hold more than 25 gigs of data.
In his last few days, it was felt that he needed to undergo major surgery, adding one more primary partition to his virtually untouched self. He sought freedom from the complexities and burden of Microsoft and detoxify himself with Ubuntu, a Linux based remedy. Unfortunately, complications arose after the operation, performed by an inexperienced surgeon, ending in tragedy.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, silicon to sand. Amen.