Monday, October 16, 2006

Apple

Isn't Apple a pretty cool company?
It seems to me to be the most stylish computer firm today - look at the Mac, the iPod and OS X. The design is full of smooth, rounded edges, cool blue/white tones and bright radiant images. I would kinda love to own a Mac atleast for a day, to see what it could do for me. Especially the Mac Mini - come on, a 6.5 inch CPU has got to be cool!
I even heard somewhere that Steve Jobs earns only 25 cents a year - although everything else is provided by Apple. Still, how cool is that?
The ads for the Mac are just stupidly funny - "Hi, I'm a PC..." - and even the website is seamlessly formed.
Before anyone starts complaining about spam here, I use a Windows PC, and have done for about 8 years (as long as I've been using a PC at home). I'm trying at the same time to use Linux, which is pretty neat itself, and is probably the future op. sys. of all computers. But its just the design that captures me, not the function: it's what I have always wished computers could be. Imagine if it could merge with Linux and become free - that would be a day to wait for.